Whether you’re hoping to fall in love with your home again or need to update before listing it for sale, learn what the pros are saying. The latest home design and color trends will bring a refreshing new feel to your home without going through a remodel.
This year’s color trends include a tendency towards tinted grays, with subtle undertones of greens and blues. From olives to teals, to saturated emeralds to ocean warm blues. Whichever shades you choose, think fresh, modern, crisp, and elegant when considering the possibilities.
Incorporate metals like; brass, bronze, and gold, and choice materials like, leather, chevron styled textiles, and the not so traditional tiles.
Outdoor living spaces are becoming more entertaining friendly, in leu of a traditional back yard.
Re-Fresh With the Latest Color Trends
- Simply painting your front door or even your garage doors can make a bold difference to your home’s curb appeal.
- Use saturated hues like blues and greens to create a spa-like sanctuary in your bathroom. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
- The kitchen, the heart of the home, could always use a change in color. Use a bright yet warm green shade or go bold and daring with the many grays that are grabbing the attention of interior designers.
- Paint your bedroom with colors that remind you of your favorite place. Get inspiration from your surroundings and incorporate them into your style. Hilton Head Island can be such a great source for this, with the natural colors already the trend.
Here are a few beach inspired bedroom ideas for some inspiration!
Re-Style With the Latest Design and Interior Trends
Restyling your home can seem challenging if you don’t know where to begin or what to focus on. Keep it simple and stylish with these tips:
- Focus on furniture knobs, kitchen cabinet hardware, faucets, shower heads and fixtures in your bathrooms. Replace them by selecting from the yellow metals, like brass, bronze, and golds, but with a soft finish.
- And lastly, Tile. Yes. Tile. It’s not the traditional heavy, unwilling, material anymore. Adam Weintraub of Koko Architecture explains, “New technologies are allowing tiles to be more versatile–they’re thinner so they’re easier to hang, less expensive, and, well, cooler.” Tile is finding its way into bedrooms, living rooms and other areas of the home.
Re-Create With the Latest Outdoor Home Improvement Trends
- Draw the attention of any onlooker to an updated garden with bright, vibrant colors added to your landscape.
- A distinct, bold door knocker can make a statement all on its own.
Hilton Head Island’s natural beauty and moderate temperatures allow residents to spend most their time outdoors. Because of this, families are opting for more trendy outdoor spaces in leu of the traditional backyard. Indoor porches, modern patios, and/or purposeful yet stylish decks not only add value to your home, but make entertaining and living extra enjoyable!
If you’re selling your home, you may find these articles helpful.
My name is June Seebohm and I am an experienced Realtor serving the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC area’s. I am happy to help you in any way that I can in regards to learning about our beautiful area, as well as your real estate needs or questions! Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-290-2929. I also have a Facebook Page where I post updates about the Hilton Head Island area, home ownership, and helpful information for both buyers and sellers. Whether you are a vacationer, resident, buyer, seller, or current home owner/renter interested in the Hilton Head area, this is a blog you’ll want to follow!