When you think about Hilton Head Island, the first thing that probably comes to mind is a picturesque beach with waves just lapping in the distance. While that is absolutely true, there are also many interesting facts about our area, some of which I’ll bet you didn’t know!
If you know of other facts I don’t mention, please feel free to share them in the comments!
1. The tide levels change as much as 6-8 feet every 6 hours.
2. We became the town of Hilton Head Island in 1983.
3. Every year, there are more then 1 million rounds of golf played!
4. The Island is shaped like a foot and sections of the Island are even referred to as the toe, instep, heel, and ankle.
5. A boat is not your only option to get to us! We have a bridge from the mainland to the Island.
6. Sea Pines, the first vacation resort in Hilton Head, is an environmentally sensitive resort development.
7. Hilton Head Island was the first Eco-planned destination in the United States.
8. Before the Civil War, the 11 plantations of Hilton Head Island grew rice, indigo, and cotton.
9. The Island’s average daytime temperature is a mild 70°F (21°C) and the average annual ocean temperature is 69°F (20°C).
10. There are no neon lights on Hilton Head Island, offering a relaxing atmosphere.
11. Biking is a favorite way to explore the over 50 miles of public pathways and nature trails.
12. Hilton Head Island is made up of 42 square miles of semi-tropical landscape.
13. There are more than 6,000 villas; 3,000 hotel/motel rooms; and 1,000 timeshare units to accommodate the more than 2.5 million annual visitors.
14. Twenty-four of Hilton Head Island’s golf courses are open to the public.
15. Hilton Head Island has over 250 restaurants, more than 2000 shops, and 300 tennis courts.
16. Hilton Head Island is home to over 250 species of birds during the year.
So which of these reasons makes you want to move to Hilton Head Island?
My name is June Seebohm and I am an experienced Realtor serving the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC area’s. I am happy to help you in any way that I can in regards to learning about our beautiful area, as well as any and all of your real estate needs or questions! Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email: email@example.com or call 843-290-2929. I also have a Facebook Page and would love to connect with you there. Whether you are a vacationer, resident, buyer, seller, or current home owner/renter interested in the Hilton Head area, this is a blog you’ll want to follow!