While Labor Day often signals the winding down of the summer season, Hilton Head Island locals consider it more of the start to a new vacation season. The events just keep on coming and with the weather averaging between 70-85 degrees, it’s the perfect time to be here!
If you’re going to be on HHI over labor day weekend, take a look at some of the things you can do!
1. One of this area’s most anticipated annual events is the Hilton Head Island Celebrity Golf Tournament, this year August 30-September 1. The event pairs amateur golfers with celebrities in the sports and entertainment industry, for three days of world-class golf and exciting evening activities. The golf tournament benefits 20 well-deserving children’s charities in the South Carolina Lowcountry.
2. Harbourfest at Shelter Cove is an annual tradition that brings family and friends together all summer long, with Labor Day being the completion. During HarbourFest, Shelter Cove features live entertainment seven nights a week, plus unforgettable food, arts and crafts from an array of vendors, bouncy houses, fireworks and a flurry of fun activity. There is no admission charge for HarbourFest!
3. Family Freshwater Fishing Tournament – On Saturday, August 31, from 9:30am-12pm, join the Sea Pines Forest Preserve to fish for bass, bream and catfish at Fish Island. Try to win a prize in one of the tournament categories and roast hot dogs and marshmallows around a fire. Reservations are required and may be made by calling The Sea Pines Resort Recreation Department at 843-842-1979.
4. Visit the Harbour Town Yacht Basin at The Sea Pines Resort, home to the red and white striped Harbour Town Lighthouse that has been welcoming visitors for over 40 years. From water sports and fishing to dining and other entertainment, there’s plenty do to for people of all ages.
5. Enjoy the day by bike! Complete with 12 miles of beach with hard, compact sand perfect for biking, our area also boasts 50 miles of private bike paths and now 53 miles of public access paths. Biking is not only great exercise, but it’s the perfect way to get up close and personal with the views and wildlife, not to mention the pictures you’re able to capture! Bike rentals on Hilton Head Island.
6. Spend the day at Coligny Beach Park, the best family beach in Hilton Head Island.
7. Take one of Hilton Head Island’s guided tours!
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend, no matter how you spend it!
My name is June Seebohm and I am an experienced Realtor serving the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC area’s. I am happy to help you in any way that I can in regards to learning about our beautiful area, as well as any and all of your real estate needs or questions! Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-290-2929. I also have a Facebook Page and would love to connect with you there. Whether you are a vacationer, resident, buyer, seller, or current home owner/renter interested in the Hilton Head area, this is a blog you’ll want to follow!