Home Staging is the act of preparing a home for sale to maximize its potential and show at its best. Research shows that a staged home sells quicker and typically for a higher price, and helps a buyer visualize themselves living there.
If you’re selling your home here in the Hilton Head Island area, you can guarantee that any potential buyer is looking forward to all that the area has to offer. Those buyers are going look at your home, as well as your competition to make sure they are getting the most for their money. Staging maximizes the potential of your home and helps it to stand a step above.
Here are 7 things you can do to get ready for a home stager:
1. The appliances in your kitchen should match, at least in color. Instead of buying a new stove because it’s white and the refrigerator and dishwasher are black, you can use high-heat spray paints made especially for appliances (and fireplaces). This is only recommended if the appliance is in good working order.
2. Give every room in the house a thorough cleaning and remove all the clutter. This alone will make your house appear bigger and brighter. If your rooms are crowded, you could rent a storage garage and move some furniture out, creating a sleeker, more spacious look.
3. Repair cracks, holes or damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint and tiles.
4. Pay special attention to the kitchen and bathrooms; it is essential for them to be clean and odor free.
5. Clean smudges and scuff marks off of walls and doors.
6. Clean out the gutters.
7. Do a total cleanup of your landscaping. Pull the weeds, lay fresh ground cover, and keep the lawn edged, cut and watered.
These are just a few of the items you’ll want to address before you have a home stager take over. The homes in Hilton Head Island are all unique and present different features. Help your home stand out from the competition by doing your part before you list it.
My name is June Seebohm and I am an experienced Realtor serving the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton, SC area’s. I am happy to help you in any way that I can in regards to learning about our beautiful area, as well as any and all of your real estate needs or questions! Please don’t hesitate to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-290-2929. I also have a Facebook Page and would love to connect with you there. Whether you are a vacationer, resident, buyer, seller, or current home owner/renter interested in the Hilton Head area, this is a blog you’ll want to follow!